Congratulations to the 2016 AACVPR Fellows:
Alison L. Bailey, MD, FACC, FAACVPR
Barbara Masters, MSN, RN-BC, CCRP, FAACVPR
Robert Brown, MPH, MBA, FMFA, FAACVPR
Bonnie K. Clark, RCP, RRT, CPT, FAACVPR
Leonard A. Kaminsky, PhD, FACSM, FAACVPR
Click here to view more information about the AACVPR Fellowship program.
Click here to view the complete list of AACVPR Fellows.
AACVPR Fellowship Requirements
Appointment as an honorary Fellow in a professional society is designed to honor exceptional achievement and service within the professional domain of the awarding body. Meeting the minimal requirements for advancement to AACVPR Fellowship status does not guarantee advancement to AACVPR Fellowship. The peer-reviewed phase of the application, along with the achievement of the minimum requirements, will ultimately determine if advancement to Fellowship is warranted.
Below are the minimum requirements for consideration of advancement to Fellow status:
- Be an AACVPR Member in good standing for at least 3 consecutive years immediately preceding the application period. *Please note to be eligible for AACVPR Fellowship, you must have maintained membership in AACVPR since July 1, 2014.
- Attended a minimum of two AACVPR Annual Meetings.
- Submit curriculum vitae that includes evidence of distinguished service to AACVPR and the field of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and influential, high-impact research relative to the field of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
- Submit evidence of outstanding performance in cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation over a period of at least five years relative to service
- Receive recommendation in writing from at least one current AACVPR Fellow or Master of AACVPR
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional development and a commitment to the goals and long-range activities of AACVPR
The Awards Committee considers the following information when considering Fellowship applicants:
- The strength and enthusiasm of the candidate’s Fellow/Master endorsers.
- The significance, quality and role of service over time during which the candidate has been associated with AACVPR.
- The influence and quality of the research submitted by the candidate for consideration.
- The final decision for advancement to AACVPR Fellowship status is a recommendation from the AACVPR Awards Committee (based on the application).
***2017 Fellow of AACVPR Application Period Now Open***
Nominations and applications are now being accepted for 2017. Applications are due by Tuesday, March 14, 2017, and require all applicants to
submit the following items via email to Toya Davis, AACVPR Senior Associate at email@example.com:
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from a current AACVPR Fellow or Master.
- A current CV for the applicant
- A current headshot photograph of the applicant (jpeg format)
- Complete the online application form here
To view the list of current Fellows, click here, or to view the current list of Masters, click here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the AACVPR Headquarters at 312/321-5146 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top