Apply to have your Education Program approved for AACVPR Credits
Continuing education credits (CECs) are available through AACVPR. Upon completion and submission of the CE application, your program will be reviewed by members of the Education committee.
To download the AACVPR CEC application, click here. Applications are due 30 days in advance of your event.
- Your program will be advertised on the AACVPR Web site upon completion of the calendar announcement form
- You will be able to offer AACVPR continuing education credits (CECs) to participants of your program
- Joint Affiliate Societies who are a member of the ALP agreement will be charged a discounted application fee of $150 for the CEC application
- All other Affiliate Societies will be charged an application fee of $225 for the CEC application
- Non-ALP Affiliate Societies or individuals will be charged the regular application fee of $425 for processing the application for CEC requests.
- There will be no charge for Program Certificates.
What kind of program is eligible for AACVPR program review?
AACVPR is dedicated to offering/supporting educational opportunities that:
- Implement multi-level educational products developed on an established set of criteria based on experience and/or education needs to facilitate a lifetime of learning
- Provide open access to multi-disciplinary education and embrace the core competencies necessary for success in all member segments
- Deliver consistent, current and accurate education
- Inspire a desire for continued learning that produces dedicated, competent and qualified practitioners in the field of cardio and pulmonary rehabilitation and prevention
- Cardiac/pulmonary practice
- Cardiac/pulmonary research
- Critical program elements based on the published guidelines for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Biological, physical and behavioral science impacting our patient populations
- Management, administration or supervision of health care delivery as it pertains to the cardiac and pulmonary patient populations
- Teaching or learning processes
- Ethical or legal aspects of health care
- Other health care issues that influence these pertinent patient populations
What you must do:
- Complete the application completely, available on line or by request from the national office. Expedited review is possible for a completed application but at least forty-five (45) calendar days prior to your event is preferred.
- Follow the instructions on the cover page. Including all the elements requested will speed the review process along
- Be sure to include a contact person in case we have additional questions
- Some of the most common problems we encounter with applications:
- Speaker information is not complete
- Objectives are omitted for one or more presentations
- The program brochure does not clearly state speaker start and stop times, making it difficult to calculate CECs (1 CEC = 60 minutes)
- No indication of breakout session running concurrently
- No indication of whether partial attendance credit is allowed
PLEASE NOTE: Please submit payment at time of application. Certificates will not be issued until payment is received at AACVPR Headquarters.
Programs are reviewed by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Education Committee. AACVPR credit may be accepted by various licensing agencies. While programs may be pre-approved for CE credit in a given state, please check with your individual state requirements.
If you have further questions regarding CE's, please contact AACVPR Staff by emailing email@example.com.