Submit Your Session
37th AACVPR Annual Meeting | September 21-23, 2022 | West Palm Beach, FL
What Are We Looking For?
The AACVPR Program Planning Committee and its track-focused subcommittees select content for the AACVPR Annual Meeting from over 100 session proposals each year. The committee is looking for presenters to:
- Identify innovative techniques to meet the new healthcare landscape
- Provide strategies to meet new delivery models
- Demonstrate new cognitive sets/skills, creative thinking skills
- Address new developments in cardiac and pulmonary science/research
- Describe effective networking skills within the hospital/ACA system
- Identify methods to improve competencies of rehabilitation professionals
- Discuss strategies to improve the relationship of rehabilitation programs with corollary services
- Provide any other information to improve the quality and effectiveness of rehabilitation services
- Monday, December 13, 2021 – Call for Session Submissions and Scientific Abstracts Open
- Friday, January 21, 2022 – Call for Session Submissions Closes
- Monday, February 7, 2022 (11:59 PM CT) – Call for Late Breaking Manuscript Abstracts Closes
- Late March, 2022 – Session Submission Responses Issued
- Friday, April 8, 2022 (11:59 PM CT) – Call for Scientific Abstracts Closes
- Early May, 2022 – Scientific Abstract Submission Responses Issued
- September 21-23, 2022 – AACVPR 37th Annual Meeting
AACVPR will accept submissions for the session types below. Click each session to learn more.
Session: 3-8-hour workshop that operates independently from the rest of the conference with additional registration; often offers a mixture of theory and practice (eg., staff competencies for core components, program certification preparation, CCRP preparation).
60- or 75-minute sessions focused on a specific topic in a particular track (eg., ITP, psychological aspects of PR and CR, physical activity, business aspects of programs).
45-minute track-specific discussion-based, interactive sessions that elicit significant audience participation. The session will follow the below format:
- 15 minute didactic presentation
- 20 minute discussion
- 10 minute wrap-up
- Time limits will be strictly enforced by session moderators to ensure all topics have maximum time
Scientific Abstract Submissions
AACVPR is proud to feature multiple opportunities to highlight your research at the Annual Meeting. Below is a summary of the presentation types. Click each presentation type to learn more.
Select abstracts will be chosen to submit a ten-minute video recording of their oral presentation with a PowerPoint. Authors will reviewing the rationale, key methods, main results, conclusions, and emphasize the "real-world, clinical application" of their findings. No physical poster is presented. Abstracts will be highlighted in the AACVPR Annual Meeting final program, AACVPR website, and published in the September/October 2022 issue of the Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and Prevention. Attendance at the meeting is required.
The highest scored abstract in this category will be invited to submit a full manuscript for expedited peer review and publication consideration in the Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and Prevention. The full manuscript will need to be submitted to JCRP for peer review no later than June 1, 2022. The authors will also be invited to present their findings during an oral abstract session included in the annual meeting. If the manuscript is accepted after the peer review process, it will then be published online ahead of print by the AACVPR Annual Meeting. The scientific abstracts submitted to this category will be reviewed by the AACVPR Research Committee and the JCRP Editors Team. Attendance at the meeting is required.
Each finalist will give a platform presentation during a special session in the AACVPR Annual Meeting. One presentation will be selected as the award winner and receive a plaque and $250 from AACVPR. To qualify for this presentation, authors must be less than 5 years of their latest degree or final formal training (i.e. Fellowship, Residency) and not previously awarded the Beginning Investigator Award. Attendance at the meeting is required.
In addition to submitting your poster as a PDF or PPT file, presenters are invited to submit a brief, two-minute video summarizing key points from your findings, such as the rationale, key methods, main results, conclusions, or comment on the "real-world, clinical application.” Abstracts will be highlighted in the AACVPR Annual Meeting final program, AACVPR website, and published in the September/October 2022 issue of the Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and Prevention. Attendance at the meeting is required.
Instructions & Policies
Submitting Your Proposal
- Please click here to view Guidelines and Instructions for a session proposal. Please click here to view Guidelines and Instructions for a scientific abstract proposal. It is advisable to print these instructions prior to beginning your submission.
- The information is saved in the system once you hit “continue” at the bottom of each page. There is no “submit” button.
- Be mindful of the submission deadlines listed under Important Dates above. You may submit a new proposal or edit an existing proposal until that deadline, using your log-in and password.
- To submit your session, click “Create New.”
- To view your existing suggested session(s), click "Breakout, Rapid-fire, and Pre-Meeting Workshop" below. Do NOT begin a new record if you need to make changes to an existing submission.
Annual Meeting Presenter Policies
For more information regarding AACVPR Annual Meeting speaker policies please review the Session Submission Guidelines in their entirety. Click the following links to learn more.
- Breakout and rapid-fire presenters will receive complimentary full-conference registration. Please note: speakers are responsible for coordinating their own hotel reservations.
- Pre-meeting workshop presenters will receive a $1,500 travel voucher per workshop, to be split among accepted speakers. Additionally, pre-meeting workshop presenters will be awarded $100 per content half hour, to be divided amongst its speakers. Pre-Meeting workshop speakers conference registration is not waived. Speakers will be responsible for coordinating their own hotel reservations.
- Scientific abstract presenter registration is not waived. Speakers will be responsible for coordinating their own hotel reservations.
To comply with ACCME accreditation standards, all AACVPR Annual Meeting presenters will be required to provide AACVPR with final presentation slides on the AACVPR Annual Meeting branded template no later than Friday, August 5, 2022 so that they may be reviewed by the Program Planning Committee. Conflicts of interest include:
Invited Annual Meeting presenters will be requested to grant AACVPR a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to distribute copy or otherwise publish presentation material to AACVPR membership or general public at the time of, and immediately after, the presentation date. “Presentation Material” includes all supporting documents (PowerPoint slides, printed handouts, etc.) and any video/audio recording.
AACVPR’s publication or distribution of presentation material may be in any form, whether print/hard copy, electronic, via posting on the AACVPR website or any other form know known or hereafter developed. Publication or distribution may be subject to a fee charged by AACVPR.
It is agreed AACVPR will not be held responsible for royalties or damages resulting from intellectual property infringement from 1) AACVPR’s use and/or distribution of presentation materials in a manner consistent with this agreement or 2) any use or misuse by any person who directly or indirectly obtains the presentation materials as a result of AACVPR’s permitted use and/or distribution rights outlined in this agreement. Presenters are responsible for obtaining their own permissions for references and images.
If you receive an error message when creating your application, try using a different web browser before contacting support. If you continue to have technical issues submitting your session, please contact: technical support at email@example.com or 217-398-1792.
For program-related questions about the session proposals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 312/321-5146.