Be part of the solution. Now more than ever, the cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation field needs you to advocate for the valuable care and services you provide to your patients.
- YOUR Congressional members
- YOUR voice
- YOUR patients' voices
- YOUR administration's voices
- YOUR AACVPR advocacy team supporting you each step of the way!
Join the AACVPR community on Capitol Hill, in March 2024, to advocate for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services and ask legislators for support for beneficial legislation on Medicare decisions.
No advocacy experience is necessary! Preparation materials will be sent regularly in the weeks leading up to the event and a training meeting the day before visits begin will prepare you to meet with Congress members and make your voice heard.
Visit congress.gov for up-to-date information.
- 118th Congress: HR-955 Sustaining Outpatient Services Act — will allow expansion of space and improvement in accessibility to CR/PR without payment reduction simply due to the location of the service
|For (R) Members who want to co-sponsor HR 955, please contact
Rep. Adrian Smith (NE-03)
Office: (202) 225-6435
adriansmith.house.gov | @RepAdrianSmith
|For (D) Members who want to co-sponsor HR 955, please contact:
Rep. Jim McGovern (MA-02)
Office: (202) 225-6101
- 118th Congress: HR-1406 Sustainable Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Services in the Home Act — will allow hospital-based cardiac, intensive cardiac, and pulmonary rehabilitation services to be provided virtually in the beneficiary’s home.
|For (R) Members who want to co-sponsor HR 1406, please contact
Rep. John Joyce (PA-13)
Office: (202) 225-2431
|For (D) Members who want to co-sponsor HR 1406, please contact
Rep. Scott Peters (CA-50)
Office: (202) 225-0508
(Click to Expand)
Resources on CR/PR Services
Resources on DOTH Legislation
Wondering what to expect? Watch the prep meeting and debrief call from the 2023 Virtual Day on the Hill.