Membership with AACVPR provides exclusive access to first-rate education, a multidisciplinary network of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation professionals, and the latest updates on regulatory standards and reimbursement issues delivered to your inbox. Membership offers ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career while shaping the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation to save and improve lives.
Membership Types and Benefits
Click below to read more about the benefits of each membership type.
Formerly the Education Advantage Membership, this membership type includes:
- Free registration to 10 live webcasts a year
- Discounts on Learning Center products and Annual Meeting registration
- Timely reimbursement, legislative and regulatory updates delivered to your email inbox
- Bi-monthly subscription to the Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and Prevention (JCRP) with updates on current research as well as clinical and practical information on the science of rehabilitation
- Access to News & Views, providing up-to-date association and industry information
- Discounted application fees for AACVPR Program Certification, the only peer-review accreditation process for cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- The chance to participate on AACVPR committees, which help influence policy and legislation at the national level
- Access to “The Pulse” – a members-only discussion forum that allows users to learn from peers, share/seek clinical advice and discuss other programmatic topics
Joint enrollment in AACVPR and your state’s local affiliate, for residents of qualifying states.
If you work or reside in any of these states, you are only eligible for Joint Affiliate Membership:
With your Joint Affiliate Membership, you will pay yearly dues and receive all of the benefits of a standard AACVPR Membership and your state society, unlocking access to your local network and resources!
If you think your state would benefit from being a Joint Affiliate, or to learn more about this partnership and membership category, please contact Rachel Wares at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the guiding principles of AACVPR is creating and maintaining a learning environment. Becoming an AACVPR Emerging Professional will keep you up to date on important issues in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, unlock access to job listings, scholarships, discounted registration to the Annual Meeting, opportunities to earn certificates of completion of clinical specialties, and connections with career mentors.
Emerging Professionals shall qualify under one of two defined categories:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students, including those pursuing post-doctoral fellowships, who express a professional interest in the field of cardiac and/or pulmonary rehabilitation, and have not worked previously in a cardiac or pulmonary rehab setting for more than two years.
- Current healthcare practitioners who have recently – within the past two (2) years – made a transition into cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation at any staff level.
Emerging Professionals will be required to provide confirmation that they qualify under one of the two aforementioned categories via a copy of a transcript or written affirmation from a faculty member or supervisor.
For more information on Emerging Professional Membership or to join/renew your membership, please click here or contact AACVPR Headquarters at 312-321-5146 or via email at email@example.com.
Stay update on current changes in the Cardiac & Pulmonary rehab with access to education and the JCRP through retirement. AACPR members who are retiring from the cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation profession may apply to stay in the AACVPR community by renewing as ae retired member to receive all the benefits of AACVPR Membership at a discounted rate. Contact AACVPR to learn more about qualifying for Retired Membership.
Groups of three or more individuals from a program or hospital are eligible to join AACVPR as new members at a discounted rate. If you are interested in this offer, please contact AACVPR HQ, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312-321-5146.
|Emerging Professional/Joint Affiliate
|AACVPR Extended Membership
|Joint Affiliate Extended Membership
|Joint-Emerging Professional Extended Membership
|Emerging Professional Extended Membership
|Retired Extended Membership
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What educational materials are included in AACVPR membership?
A: Members have free access to all 10 live webcasts a year, each of which is approved for one AACVPR or nursing CEC. Topics presented include:
- Motivational leadership
- Emotional health in the cardiac and pulmonary patient
- Medication compliance and reconciliation
- Writing an exercise prescription for cardiac (with and without a stress test)
- CMS update
- Developing the individualized treatment plan
- Quality care of heart failure patients: how and when to include them in cardiac rehab
- Understanding and using outcomes and choosing the appropriate outcomes tool
- Health coaching: helping patients reach their full potential
Members receive discounts on the AACVPR Annual Meeting, previously recorded webcasts in the Learning Center, and the Best Practice Essentials series.
- Q: If I join or renew before July 1, will I get access to webcasts that are hosted before the new membership year starts?
A: As soon as you join or renew your membership, you will gain access to these educational offerings.
- Q: If I join or renew before July 1, when will my membership expire?
A: Your membership will expire on June 30 of the following year.
- Q: If I can’t view a webcast at the scheduled time, will I lose the opportunity to watch it and claim CE?
A: No, you can access the recorded webcast in the Learning Center and claim their CE when you’ve watched it.
- Q: Can my colleagues watch webinar recordings with me to claim CE?
A: Each person wishing to claim CE may do so for only $20. Following each webcast, attendees have the option to purchase additional CE. To make the purchase, you must download and submit the additional CE form located on the eLearning homepage. An invoice will be submitted to the purchaser and access to the education will be provided after the payment has been processed.
- Q: If AACVPR hosts more than 10 webcasts in the year, will I get free registration and CE for that as well?
A: Sometimes. If AACVPR hosts additional webcast, they will be included in the AACVPR membership. However, if AACVPR partners with a liaison organization to offer a Webcast on a topic of shared interest, a registration fee may be required. In addition, webcast recordings such as the Best Practice Essentials series, are not included in the membership fee.
- Q: Can I transfer my membership to another individual at my organization if I am retiring or moving to a different place of employment?
A: No. AACVPR policy states that membership is individually-based and is non-transferable. If you are moving organizations, your membership will follow you to your new place of employment. If you are retiring, you have the option to renew or allow your membership to expire at the end of the membership year, on June 30.
- Q: What if my organization paid for my membership dues but I am moving to a different place of employment or retiring; can I transfer my membership to another individual at my current organization before I leave?
A: Even though your organization paid for your membership dues, AACVPR cannot be responsible for tracking where membership dues payments come from; therefore, AACVPR's non-transferable membership policy will still apply in this scenario. However, if your organization paid for an individual membership by mistake during a renewal period, AACVPR has the ability to transfer a payment to another individual's account; this scenario only applies during membership renewal periods and written confirmation is required in order for the transfer to be made. The written confirmation must include both individuals' contact information.
The Fine Print
Please review the AACVPR Code of Conduct.
AACVPR only offers individual memberships, not organizational memberships; memberships are non-transferable.
AACVPR membership follows AACVPR's fiscal year: July 1 to June 30. The renewal period for expiring memberships runs during May and June of the expiration year. AACVPR does not provide "anniversary memberships", which means that depending on the exact date that you join, you may not receive a full 12 months of benefits. Members looking to gain the most benefit for their dues should plan to renew by July 1 of every year. For membership cost comparisons, please refer to the chart above.
AACVPR also offers an 18-month membership option, starting the first business day of January. This prorated option allows members to join or renew between January and April and receive an extended membership that lasts until June 30 of the following calendar year. For example, if you were to join January 2, 2020, your membership would expire June 30, 2021 (18 months). 18-month memberships are a larger up-front cost, but the access to benefits has a longer duration.