The Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (CCRP), exclusively for cardiac rehabilitation (CR) professionals, is the only certification aligned with the published CR competencies. AACVPR’s exam assesses proficiency via exam questions that evaluate knowledge of facts, concepts and processes required to complete the following tasks as illustrated in the CCRP exam blueprint and the CCRP Candidate Handbook. Exam questions are based on a wide variety of publications, regulations and resources in the field. A full list of exam resources can be found in the newly updated Exam Resource Document (effective as of the May 2024 window). To review the current CCRP Pass Rates, click here.
The CCRP certification is awarded by the AACVPR Professional Certification Commission solely upon achievement of a passing score on the exam. There is no requirement for any class, course or other education or training programs provided by AACVPR or any other provider in order to sit for the CCRP examination.
Eligibility – U.S. and International Candidates
Professionals wishing to sit for the CCRP exam must meet the following criteria by the end of the application period:
- 1,200 clinical hours in CR/secondary prevention in Cardiac Rehabilitation
- At least one of the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health-related field from an accredited college or university
- Current RN licensure
- Current RRT credential (with RT Associates Degree).
Professionals who do not meet the eligibility requirements may appeal their eligibility by completing the CCRP Eligibility Appeals Form and submitting it with a professional resume and letter of attestation from their supervisor to email@example.com.
2024 Exam Windows
The application for the May 2024 Exam Window opens on March 1, 2024, and closes on April 15, 2024.
PLEASE NOTE: The May exam will not offer automatic scoring of the exam. Candidates that take the exam in May can expect to receive their results by early July 2024.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to apply. Click here for troubleshooting instructions if you do not see the option to register when you follow the step-by-step instructions.
You must be logged in to the AACVPR website for you to access the CCRP application. Don't have a login? Click here to create an account.
Please see below for the 2024 Exam Windows for the CCRP Exam.
2024 Exam Window
(All dates in 2024)
|May 1 - May 31*
|September 1 - September 30
|November 1 - November 30
|March 1 - April 15
|July 1 - August 15
September 1 - October 15
* PLEASE NOTE: The May exam will not offer automatic scoring of the exam. Candidates that take the exam in May can expect to receive their results by early July 2024.
About the Exam
The purpose of renewal of certification is to assure a level of continued competence through the ongoing enhancement of knowledge and skills in the field of cardiac rehabilitation. A three-year certification cycle has been established to maintain current knowledge with the ever-changing aspects of cardiac rehabilitation. Candidates may recertify by either earning 60 continuing education credits (25 of which must be AACVPR-approved), or by re-sitting for the exam and passing prior to the expiration of their current certification. If you prefer to resit for the examination to recertify, please contact the AACVPR Certification team at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
2024 Recertification Information
The 2024 deadline for CCRP recertification is December 1, 2024.
Applications submitted after the December 15 deadline will be subject to a $30 late fee and will be accepted for one month until January 15, 2024. A six month extension to June 15, 2024, is also available by request; for more information about the six month extension, please contact us at email@example.com.
Recertification Policies and Important Documentation
- CCRP Recertification Policy
- CEUs can be viewed within your Learning Center
- Want step-by-step directions on how to recertify? Click here to download our helpful recertification guide
- Experiencing issues viewing your certification while trying to recertify? Click here
- Questions about what counts toward the requirement for 25 AACVPR-approved credits?
- Participation in AACVPR Annual Meetings, including the 38th Annual Meeting recorded proceedings, available here.
- Participation in any live or recorded AACVPR webinars*
*note that course credit offerings will always be listed in the course description
- Participation in any AACVPR Learning Center course bundle. Click here for a complete list.
- Participation in an AACVPR-approved affiliate event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of previously approved events. If you need a copy of your certificate from an approved event, please reach out to the event host.
By Contact Hours:
Our Certified Cardiac Rehab Professionals in Good Standing document is updated periodically for employer or certification verification purposes. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
NCCA Accreditation: The AACVPR CCRP Certification currently holds NCCA accreditation through 2/28/2026. Accreditation can be verified via the Institute for Credential Excellence National Commission of Certifying Agencies Accredited Program Search.
Apply for Certification or Recertify Today
Ready to apply or recertify? Log in to your AACVPR account, and click on the link below to navigate to your profile. When on your profile, click on the “CCRP Certification” link at the top of the page and either click “Apply for Certification” to start the process or “View or Renew Certification” to submit for recertification.
Click here for step by step instructions for certification, and click here for step by step instructions for recertification.
Apply or Recertify