Learn about current hot topics in the field of cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation from the comfort of your home or office. All live webcast registrations include access to both the webcast recording and CE Knowledge Assessment. Learn more from these frequently asked questions.
Live Webcast Registration
AACVPR Members: Free!
R2R and VBC Webcast Registration Pricing
AACVPR Members: Free!
Members, to access free webcast recordings, login to the AACVPR Learning Center and navigate to Free Member Education in the Catalog. Your AACVPR membership gives you access to launch any free course until June 30, 2021. Courses will expire 60 days after launched.
Access Recorded Webcasts
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. CT (1:00 p.m. ET)
Speaker: Jacqueline Ruckel, RN, NP
Overview on reach of epidemic. Societal cost. Definition. Causes. Classification. Pharmacologic treatment. Device treatment/management. Will end with focus on physical activity.
- Understand the heterogeneity of CHF
- Describe NYHA classification
- Understanding of the newest treatment options for patients both pharmacologic and device.
- Basic overview of exercise testing in the HF patient.
Education Committee Chair: Virginia Dow RN, BSN, BC, CCRP, Nothing to Disclose
Speaker: Jacqueline Ruckel, RN, NP, Nothing to Disclose
Financial Disclosure: All individuals who have the ability to control or influence the content of an educational activity have disclosed all relevant relationships within the past 12 months with any commercial interest. Relevant relationships are relationships with a commercial interest if the products and services of the commercial interest are related to the content of the educational activity.
How to obtain CE Credit
Successful completion of the recorded webinar is required in order to claim CE including 100% score on the knowledge assessment and completion of the course evaluation. All knowledge assessments and course evaluations are included in the Webcast Recording product.
- This live webinar will be made into a recorded webcast within 10 business days with a Knowledge Assessment attached.
- This webcast will be found in the Learning Center.
- Attendees must pass the Knowledge Assessment with 100% in order to obtain CE.
Please note, additional CE requests must identify the paid registrant with whom they are watching the Webcast. Additional CE will be available to purchase following the Live Event.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education (HSCE) and American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education (HSCE) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- AACVPR CE: this course has been approved by the AACVPR Professional Education Committee for a total of 1.0 AACVPR Continuing Education Credits.
- Nursing CE: An application has been made to Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education to designate this activity for 1.0 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- ACSM CE: The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)” meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (2019 – December 2022). Approved Providers and their content reflect the concepts of their respective organizations and do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of ACSM. Providership # 852797. ACSM approved providership of this program does not imply endorsement of the sponsoring organization’s products/services.
Call for Webcasts
AACVPR is proud to offer year-round innovative webcast programming that speaks to our mission of reducing morbidity, mortality and disability from cardiovascular and pulmonary disease through education, prevention, rehabilitation, research and disease management. AACVPR’s Education Committee is seeking presentations for the upcoming calendar year for monthly webcasts.
Submit an Abstract
AACVPR is pleased to offer honorarium for selected presenters. Each selected webinar will be awarded $200 per content hour, to be divided evenly among the presenters.
About CE Credits
AACVPR webcasts that are accredited for contact hour(s) have been reviewed by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Education Committee. You may be awarded CE credit for AACVPR webcasts by your licensing agency. While webcasts may be pre-approved for CE credit in a given state, please check with your individual state.
Other credits may also be available. View the individual registration page for detailed information.
- Cardiovascular Rehabilitation and Clinical Cardiology (eg., PAD, afib., etc.)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Medicine (eg., COPD, ILD/IPF)
- Program Management
- Behavior Change