The successful implementation of innovative cardiac rehabilitation delivery will depend upon the close collaboration of cardiac rehabilitation professionals and industry partners to ensure that established standards of delivery, which are proven to be successful in traditional delivery, are replicated in a home-based or other innovative delivery environment. As a result, AACVPR has established the Innovative Delivery Model Collaborative (IDMC) to foster this communication and provide a mechanism for this collaboration. Read an overview from Todd Brown, MD, MSPH, FAACVPR on News & Views.
Want to help? Help AACVPR gather data to better understand your needs and current practices to drive the standardization of care in home-based and other innovative delivery environments. Click here to partner with us.
- Create a research repository of evidence-based studies supporting the use of innovative cardiac rehabilitation delivery models which can be shared with the AACVPR Board of Directors, legislative consultants, and payors as needed.
- Engage in open and consistent dialogue about the challenges, opportunities, and approaches to the real world implementation of innovative cardiac rehabilitation delivery models. This dialogue will be critical as AACVPR considers how to operationalize these delivery models.
- Engage in open and consistent dialogue about the challenges, opportunities, and approaches to reimbursement for innovative cardiac rehabilitation delivery models. The IDMC will collaborate with representatives from CMS and other payors as needed to advocate for increased reimbursement for innovative cardiac rehabilitation delivery models.
- Identify evidence gaps and provide recommendations for industry or volunteer surveys, white papers, position statements, etc. related to the efficacy, implementation, or reimbursement of innovative cardiac rehabilitation delivery models.
- Identify opportunities for innovative cardiac rehabilitation delivery model data elements to be included in the AACVPR Cardiac Rehabilitation National Registry.
- Identify opportunities to promote research in innovative delivery such as by sponsoring a travel grant to present an abstract on innovative delivery at the AACVPR Annual Meeting
Todd Brown, MD, MSPH, FACC, FAACVPR, IDMC Chair
Theresa Beckie, PhD
Dean Diersing, MS, RCEP, EP-C, EIM3, FAACVPR, CCRP
Joel Hughes, PhD, FAACVPR
Ana Mola, PhD, RN, ANP-C, MAACVPR
Kate Traynor, RN, MS, FAACVPR
Jonathan Whiteson, MD
Hank Wu, MD, MPH
Chanl Health | Life Systems International (LSI) | Moving Analytics, Inc. | NimbleHeart | Phas3 | Pritikin Intensive Cardiac Rehab | ScottCare