Continuing education credits (CECs) from AACVPR are awarded through the application process. Upon completion and submission of the CE application, your program will be reviewed by members of the AACVPR Education Committee.
Apply to Qualify Your Education Program for AACVPR Credits
- Complete the application in its entirety, and submit by the application window deadline.
- Review the CEC guidelines and follow the instructions included within the application. All elements of the application must be submitted before your application will be reviewed, including conflict of interest forms for all planning committee members and speakers.
- Upon submitting your application, you will receive the application invoice within two business days. Certificates will not be issued until payment is received at AACVPR Headquarters.
Application Submission Windows and Deadlines
||Application Submission Deadline
|January - February
||First Monday in December
|March - April
||Second Monday in February
|May - June
||Second Monday in April
|July - August
||Second Monday in June
|September - October
||Second Monday in August
|November - December
||Second Monday in October
For example, if your conference will be on May 27, please submit your application before the second Monday in April deadline. Your application will be reviewed over the 10 business days following the deadline.
Application Fee Structure
A $50 late fee will be applied to all applications submitted after the deadline.
|CE Credit Hours
||AACVPR Joint Affiliate
Download the Application
Download the Application Guidelines
Download the Learning Objectives Guide
What kind of education program is eligible for AACVPR program review?
AACVPR is dedicated to offering/supporting educational opportunities that:
- Implement multi-level educational products developed on an established set of criteria based on experience and/or education needs to facilitate a lifetime of learning
- Provide open access to multi-disciplinary education and embrace the core competencies necessary for success in all member segments
- Deliver consistent, current and accurate education
- Inspire a desire for continued learning that produces dedicated, competent and qualified practitioners in the field of cardio and pulmonary rehabilitation and prevention
- Cardiac/pulmonary practice
- Cardiac/pulmonary research
- Critical program elements based on the published guidelines for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Biological, physical and behavioral science impacting our patient populations
- Management, administration or supervision of health care delivery as it pertains to the cardiac and pulmonary patient populations
- Teaching or learning processes
- Ethical or legal aspects of health care
- Other health care issues that influence these pertinent patient populations
Marketing Your Educational Program
AACVPR understands that promotion is critical to the success of your event. The statement below can be used in program promotions, to notify attendees that an application for AACVPR CEC’s has been made for this event:
An application has been made to the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) for XX continuing education (CE) credits.
Please note: Programs are reviewed by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Education Committee. AACVPR credit may be accepted by various licensing agencies. While programs may be pre-approved for CE credit in a given state, please check with your individual state requirements.
If you have further questions regarding CE credits, please contact AACVPR Education Staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.