You’re invited to celebrate Cardiac Rehab Week 2022 and draw attention to the role of cardiac rehabilitation in reducing the potentially devastating effects of heart disease. To publicize your participation, utilize the tools and resources listed below.
Social Media Messaging
Leverage your social media accounts to promote Cardiac Rehab Week 2022. Feel free to copy/paste the posts below, or make a message of your own, to spread word to your online network. You can also engage with us by liking, sharing, or retweeting our posts about #CRWeek2022 – make sure to follow us by clicking the links below.
Sample Facebook/LinkedIn Posts
- #CRWeek2022 calls attention to the role of cardiac rehabilitation in reducing the potentially devastating effects of heart disease. Show your thanks by participating in this year's celebration, taking place February 13-19: www.aacvpr.org/Cardiac-Pulmonary-Rehabilitation-Weeks
- About 800,000 people in the United States have a heart attack each year. Cardiac rehabilitation can not only help a person recover from a heart problem but prevent future complications. Help raise awareness by participating in #CRWeek2022 festivities, taking place February 13-19: www.aacvpr.org/Cardiac-Pulmonary-Rehabilitation-Weeks
- #HealingHeartsTogether is important to me bacuse [insert why you think cardiac rehabilitation is valueable].
Download the logo for Cardiac Rehab Week to use on your program's social media posts, newsletters, fliers and/or invitations.
Cardiac Rehab Week is a great time to host an event, conduct media outreach, advocate for the profession and/or promote the value of cardiac rehabilitation. Please refer to the bulleted list below for some celebration ideas.
Special Event Ideas
- Sponsor an educational program or seminar for health professionals or the community.
- Invite your community and area health professionals to an open house at your facility. Include rehabilitation program graduates, as well as physicians, in your invitation list.
- Make your special events both educational and fun by offering risk factor assessments, smoking cessation clinics, or heart-healthy cooking classes.
- Sponsor a walk, run, bike ride or other athletic event. Donations or proceeds from the event can benefit your program, AACVPR, or other special projects.
- Arrange for your cafeteria to serve heart-healthy meals during Cardiac Rehab Week.
- Declare a “smoke out” campaign in your community.
Publicity and Advertising
- Ask your mayor to issue an official proclamation for Cardiac Rehab Week. Work with your affiliate society and fellow rehabilitation programs in your state to petition the Governor’s Office to issue a similar proclamation (see Gubernatorial Proclamation Procedure for more information). Notify the press of the proclamation signing.
- Prepare a news release to announce Cardiac Rehab Weeks to local TV, radio and newspapers. Send details of your events to the contacts for local event calendars as well.
- Arrange for interviews on local talk shows or news publications to spread the word about the benefits of rehabilitation and publicize the week. Provide specific information on heart disease prevention and rehabilitation.
- Provide local organizations and clubs with speakers on cardiac rehabilitation.
- Advertise your events through any in-house newsletters and/or bulletins.
- Post news about your events via your facility’s Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Sell or distribute promotional items through Jim Coleman, Ltd.
- Create a table or window display at your facility, public library, senior center or shopping mall to provide program information.
- Get your patients involved; they may have unique ideas for promotions, and their successes are your best advertisement. Encourage patients to reach out to their communities and spread the word.
- Contact local grocery stores to have Cardiac RehabWeeks promotions featured on their grocery bags. You may want to suggest the store promote heart-healthy food items for their specials.